Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Ultratoolbar - Shortcut NumPad is not working
posted

Hello,

I need quick feedback on how to make shortcut working through numpad. I have a shortcut Alt+1 on a toolbar button. When i use Alt + 1 (from 1-0 row below function keys) it works fine but when i use Alt +1 (from number pad - which is on the left side on a keyboard), it is not working. Is there a quick settings on a toolbar which i can turn on, in order for numpad to be working.

Thanks,

Yasir

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Yasir,

This is by design. The Alt+Numpad functionality is reserved within the OS for character encoding.

This is described in detail in Microsoft's MSDN Glossary: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/goglobal/bb964658.aspx

Here is the entry for Alt+Numpad:
    Alt+Numpad: A method of entering characters by typing in the character’s decimal code with the Numeric Pad keys (Num Lock turned on). In Windows:
    • Alt+, where xxx is the decimal value of a code point, generates an OEM-encoded character.
    • Alt+<0xxx>, where xxx is the decimal value of a code point, generates a Windows-encoded character.
    • Alt+<+>+, where xxxx is the hexadecimal Unicode code point, generates a Unicode-encoded (UTF-16) character.

It may be possible for us to allow developers override this behavior, however. If you would like to see this functionality in a future version, please submit a feature request to ideas.infragistics.com.