Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Grouping by IGroupEvaluator
posted

Hi,

We are using xamdatagrid, we have aporblem that when we do grouping the group description is missing the items count.

1. We are using the IGroupEvaluator to create a custom grouping, where the only thing we are doing is get the cells text value and compare /or group against it.

2. if we don't set the groupByRecord.Description to the cell text we don't see the column text in summary only (1 items), but if we do set the groupByRecord.Description = celltext then we only see the Cel Text without the items count.

3. I have tried to handle this in the Grouped event, but then it doen't update the count of items if the viewmodel is changed somewhere else and the row is not part of this group anymore.

4. Since we are talking of huge amount of data, doing a text change per row ourselves will also be heavy on performance.

please advise, because i cannot see the reason that why would it not show the count or cell text it is grouping on if we change the grouoing based on GetCellText rather than GetCellValue.

waiting for a good and descriptive answer.

Kaleem

Offline posted

Hello Kaleem,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking into it and I am wondering if you could send an isolated sample project, where the issue is reproduced, so I can investigate it further for you.

Looking forward for your reply.

Offline posted

Hello Kaleem,

I am just checking the progress of this issue and was wondering if you managed to achieve your goal or if you need any further assistance on the matter.