Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Strange control resizing on Chinese Windows system
posted

Hi together,

we have some problems with resizable dialog on Chinese Windows systems. Anchored controls seems to resize incorrectly. Controls gets bigger in width and height than the window's dimensions. So Ok and Cancel buttons are disappearing. Please see the attachments for a screenshots of the damaged layout and a screenshot of the correct layout.

We work with Infragistics WinForms controls. DPI settings, zoom settings on the machine are set to defaults. Resolution is 1024*768. It works perfect on other systems. 

Does anybody have an idea what the problem can be?

Many thanks in advance!

Robin

Screenshots.zip
    Offline posted

Hi Robin,

Thank you for posting in our forums.

This issue is probably caused by the different default font sizes for the different locales. If no font is provided, the form (and generally all controls in it) will use the SystemFonts.DefaultFont. The DefaultFont for English machines is Microsoft Sans Serif 8.25 and for Simplified Chinese it is SimSun 9 宋体. The Chinese fonts are larger and by default the form and the controls in it will scale based on the font. This probably is the reason for the different layout. Note that this issue would be present for all Windows Forms controls and it is not limited only to Infragistics controls.

I was able to find this MSDN blog post, which contains details, about this scenario:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dsui/archive/2012/08/06/making-your-winforms-application-global.aspx

I would suggest to read it carefully as it contains useful tips, about how to handle translating your application to different languages.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Offline posted

Hello Robin,

I am just checking about the progress of this issue. Let me know if you need my further assistance on this issue.

Thank you for using Infragistics Components.