Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to dock a pane to the right side of two existing horizontally split panes
posted

I have a dock group A with horizontal splitting where two panes (B and C) have been docked.  C is below B in a stacked configuration.  How do I dock the next pane (D) to be next to B and C so that it has a vertical span the height of B and C?

Offline posted

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

In order to achieve such appearance you need to organize your panes in such order:

1. In the top area DockArea pane, “PaneA”, you need to add one Group pane, “PaneBCD” with PaneStyle set to VerticalSplit.

2. In the left part of the Group pane, “PaneBCD” you need to add second Group pane, “PaneBC” with PaneStyle set to HorizontalSplit.

3. In the right part of the first Group pane, “PaneBCD”, you need to add a Control pane, “PaneD”.

4. In the top part of the second Group pane, “PaneBC”, you need to add a Control pane, “PaneB”, and in the bottom part Control pane, “PaneC”.

Actually you have DockArea pane which is the root pane. In this pane you may put Group pane or Control pane. Each Group pane may contain several Group panes or several Control panes. More about UltraDockManager panes hierarchy you may find by following the next link http://help.infragistics.com/Doc/WinForms/current/CLR4.0/?page=WinDockManager_Group_Styles.html

Please check the attached sample solution and let me know if this is what you are looking for or if I am missing something.

CAS-153689-B6S3K2.zip
    Offline posted

Hello Joseph,

We are still following this forum thread.

Please feel free to let us know if you still have any questions on this matter.