Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ClientEvents of WebDataTree: Upgrading from UltraWebTree to WebDataTree..
posted

I am converting Infragistics 2010 v2 CLR3.5 to Infragistics 2014 v2 using 4.5 CLR using Visual Studio 2013 Professional

Update 4. I am getting following error while building the project. Please reply immediately..........

Error: I don't find the property "Drop" in <ClientEvents NodeChecking="fnNodeChecked" DragStart="treeColumnRight_DragStart" Drop="treeColumnRight_Drop" />.

Instead of "Drop" it is showing as "NodeDropped" and "NodeDropping" ----------Please let me know which one will be used among these two??

Below is further full code for your reference where you can see "Drop" property in the last two lines.........

<igmisc:WebDataTree ID="treeColumnRight" runat="server" BorderStyle="Inset" Cursor="Default"
                        ExpandImage="./images/col.gif" CollapseImage="./images/exp.gif" Indentation="20"
                        WebTreeTarget="ClassicTree" Font-Names="Tahoma" Font-Size="9pt" AllowDrag="True"
                        AllowDrop="True" BorderWidth="2px" BorderColor="#FFE0C0" CheckBoxes="True">
                        <Nodes>
                            <igmisc:DataTreeNode Text="Sorted Columns">
                                <Styles Font-Bold="True">
                                </Styles>
                            </igmisc:DataTreeNode>
                        </Nodes>
                        <SelectedNodeStyle ForeColor="Black" BackColor="#FFCC66"></SelectedNodeStyle>
                        <NodeStyle>
                            <Padding Bottom="2px" Left="2px" Top="2px" Right="2px"></Padding>
                        </NodeStyle>
                        <HoverNodeStyle ForeColor="#C00000" BackColor="SkyBlue">
                            <Padding Bottom="2px" Left="0px" Top="2px" Right="2px"></Padding>
                        </HoverNodeStyle>
                        <Padding Bottom="2px" Left="2px" Top="2px" Right="2px"></Padding>
                        <Levels>
                            <ignav:Level Index="0"></ignav:Level>
                        </Levels>
                        <ClientEvents NodeChecking="fnNodeChecked" DragStart="treeColumnRight_DragStart" Drop="treeColumnRight_Drop" />
                    </igmisc:WebDataTree>
    Offline posted

Hello,

The NodeDropping and NodeDropped fire in succession as is a standard for our API. The “-ing” events fire just before executing the drop and is intended for validation if and can be canceled to prevent the drop action if required. The “NodeDropped” will file after the drop has been performed and can no longer be canceled and is intended to execute code that only reacts to drop after it has happened.

Since the old Drop event fired after the Drop is completed the more matching would be “NodeDropped”, but if you need to cancel the action use “NodeDropping”.

A full list of client side events is listed here with descriptions:

http://help.infragistics.com/Doc/ASPNET/2015.1/?page=WebDataTree_Drag_and_Drop_Client_Side_Events.html

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Damyan Petev

Associate Software Developer

Infragistics, Inc.