Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
15.1 HTML editor won't display -- generates index error
posted

I'm using 15.1, and I can't get the HTML editor to display. The HTML editor DLL is a reference for the page (Infragistics4.WebUI.WebHtmlEditor, version 15.1.20151.1018).

When my test page loads, I get the following error (stack trace is below):

Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.

This error occurs with all browsers that I tested: Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue might be?

Charles

Details:

To isolate the issue, I created a test page with the following:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
</head>
<body>
<h1>TEST test TEST</h1>
<ighedit:WebHtmlEditor ID="WebHtmlEditor1" runat="server"></ighedit:WebHtmlEditor>
</body>

Stack Trace:

[FormatException: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.]
   System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args) +11118244
   System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args) +63
   Infragistics.WebUI.WebHtmlEditor.WebHtmlEditor.RenderEndTag(HtmlTextWriter writer) +3334
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +43
   Infragistics.WebUI.WebHtmlEditor.WebHtmlEditor.Render(HtmlTextWriter writerForIE) +626
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +57
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +100
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +25
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +128
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +8
   System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +29
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +57
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +100
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +25
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1386