Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamComboEditor and UpdateSourceTrigger
posted

Hi,

how do I change the UpdateSourceTrigger of the SelectedItem? Right now the SelectedItem changes only if the user hits the enter key, but I would like the SelectedItem to change after every keystroke.

This is my current code:

<ig:XamComboEditor
                                        AllowFiltering="True"
                                        ItemsSource="{Binding AccountingFieldContainer.ActiveItems}"
                                        CustomValueEnteredAction="True"
                                        SelectedItem="{Binding SelectedItem, Mode=TwoWay}"
                                        Loaded="XamComboEditor_Loaded"
                                        DisplayMemberPath="DisplayName"
                                        IsEditable="True">
                                        <ig:XamComboEditor.ItemTemplate>
                                            <DataTemplate>
                                                <TextBlock
                                                    Text="{Binding DisplayName}" />
                                            </DataTemplate>
                                        </ig:XamComboEditor.ItemTemplate>
                                    </ig:XamComboEditor>

The Loaded event handler adds a custom items filter to the editor.

All ideas are appreciated.

Darius

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Darius,

Can you expand on your requirement a bit more?  What keystrokes are you referring to?  When the user types the value into the combobox to filter the items by, or when the user uses the arrow keys to cycle through the items in the dropdown?  Maybe you can provide a scenario using this requirement to help me better understand what you are looking for.

Children