Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDataGrid column resizing
posted

According to this page http://www.infragistics.com/help/silverlight/xamGrid_Auto_Size_Columns_Using_Mouse_Clicks.html,

The Silverlight grid allows users to resize columns by double-clicking the resizing control on the edge of the column header.

Does the WebDataGrid or WebHierarchicalDataGrid have similar functionality?

If not, I have a second question.

I have tried to implement this myself, but I find that the grid does not throw the DoubleClick event when I double click the header if Column Resizing is turned on.

Is this the case or is there some way I can turn this on?

Parents
    posted

Hi gregehr,

Column Resizing on a mouse click (double-click) is not presently a feature of the column resizing behavior. This will be a new product idea for the WebDataGrid (and WHDG).

Infragistics invites you to submit this as a new product idea. To suggest a new product idea you can do so by navigating to http://ideas.infragistics.com  The steps are easy to do:

1.       Create a new UserVoice account and log in to the Infragistics Product Ideas site at http://ideas.infragistics.com.

2.       Navigate to the product / platform channel of your choice (e.g. WPF, Windows Forms, ASP.NET, HTML5 / Ignite UI, iOS / NucliOS, etc.)

3.       Review the feature suggestions already posted by the community.

4.       Vote for the features you’d like to see added to the product.

5.       If the feature you’re looking for has not been posted, you can add your own product idea. Make sure to be specific and provide as much detail as possible. Explain the context in which a feature would be used, why it is needed, why it can’t be accomplished today, and who would benefit from it. You can even add screenshots to build a stronger case. Remember that for your suggestion to be successful, you need other members of the community to vote for it. Be convincing!

With this system, you are in the driver’s seat by submitting your product ideas. You can even track the progress of your ideas at any time, see how many votes it got, read comments from other developers in the community, and see if someone from the product team has additional questions for you.

For your follow-up question pertaining to the grid double-click event not firing when clicking a column header, when column resizing is enabled, I created a sample to test for this issue. Here I have been unable to reproduce this. I have included my test sample for your reference. Here you will see that when double-clicking on a column header, the double-click event does fire. Let me know if you are able to reproduce the grid double-click event not firing with my test sample. If so, let me know your precise steps-to-reproduce. Or if you can modify my sample such that it breaks, send it back to me and I will look further into this matter for you.

Please let me know if you need any additional assistance regarding this matter.

*Note that I omitted the style sheets due to file size constraints. For proper styling of the grid you will need to bring the ig_res folder back into the project. You can do this by opening the project in the designer and select 'OK' when prompted to accept the style sheets.

WDG_colResizing_dlClick.zip
Reply Children