Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
What event to be used for row manipulation for infragistics webdatagrid
posted

Hi Team,

I wanted to know the use of "OnItemCommand" event. When exactly do we have to use this particular event?

And how to form the command Argument for this event? An example would be great.

I have a 3 level nested grid view(infragisitcs webdatagrid) where there is a row in the final child grid, where I want to do some manipulation and data has to be reflected accordingly on the UI.

For this to work correctly, which event I will have to use? Currently I am using "OnInitializeRow" which is not displaying the updated data on the UI(Data is being binded in the backend code properly but not displaying it on the screen). So, I wanted to know which event to be used if we have to do any data manipulations on the row and the data should reflect on the screen immediately after the manipulation.

Ex: I have a label with Status as "Review In Progress" and a button as "Review". Clicking on button "Review" will open a modal pop up and there I have another button to approve the item. After approving the item, the modal pop up will be closed by using a close button. After this, I actually have to see the status changed to "Approved" on the UI which is not happening. Instead of displaying "Approved" status it still has the old status "Review In Progress". I will have to collapse the child grid and have to open again to see the updated data. So, I feel I am not using the right event for this scenario.

Kindly help me with this issue how can I get it resolved. Thanks.

Parents Reply Children