Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDataGrid GroupFields exporting
posted

I am exporting a grid using the WebExcelExporter and the GroupFields do not seem to be exporting correctly.

See image below.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the Infragistics community !

Exporting group fields is not currently supported. To achieve this you would need a more custom approach, so I suggest you follow these:

1) In the button click event before you call .Export:

public void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {

// 1. create a worksheet to export the grid to
            Infragistics.Documents.Excel.Workbook book = new Workbook();
            book.Worksheets.Add("Report");

// 2. Define merged cells region, which will acts as the group field

book.Worksheets[0].MergedCellsRegions.Add(0, 0, 0, 2); // 2 defines the number of cells to span
            book.Worksheets[0].MergedCellsRegions[0].Value = "Details"; // set value for the merged cell region, i.e the header text of the group field

// 3. Rebind the grid with AutoGenerateColumns = True, or define new columns without utilizing groupfFeld

this.WebDataGrid1.Columns.Clear();
            WebDataGrid1.DataSource = GetDataSource();
            this.WebDataGrid1.AutoGenerateColumns = true;
            this.WebDataGrid1.DataBind();

// 4. Export the grid

this.WebExcelExporter1.Export(this.WebDataGrid1, book.Worksheets["Report"], 1, 0); // 1 means export begins with 1 row offset from the top of the worksheet. This is     needed because the first row that is mergedcellsRegions is not part of the grid's rows
        }

2) Handle RowExported event.

When e.CurrentRowIndex == 1 (this is actualy the grid's header row) we copy its cells' format (font, style, background color) and set them to e.Worksheet.Rows[0], which is the mergedcells region row.

Please see the attached sample that demonstrates the suggested approach and let me know if it meets your requirements.

WebDataGrid_Export_GroupField.zip
Children