Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Applying custom filter- stopping XDG from validating regular expression
posted

Hi,

We want to apply our own custom filter that would have a simple query language string to be written in the filter combo box above any column. The language we have allows to enter "*searchstring" in the filter combo. We would use this string to create our own filter criteria and filtering in the "OnRecordFilterChanging" overriden method.

However, it seems the grid tried to validate the entered string immediately for a valid regular expression event before the "OnRecordFilterChanging" method is called or the "RecordFilterChanging" event is fired, and shows an error message box saying "Parameter name: Invalid expression pattern.". How to stop this?

regards,

EDIT: Corrected the error message

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello Sid,

Thank you for your post!

I have been looking into your issue and it seems that you are using some custom implementation. Would it be possible for you to provide me with a small sample application that shows the functionality you are using?

This way I would be able to further investigate this matter for you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Children