Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Using UltraGridAction.Above/BelowCell with column groups
posted

Our team has the key-movement options for using the arrow keys to move the active cell.  In one grid, we use UltraGridBand.Groups, which causes those actions to do prev/next instead of above/below.  Based on http://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/t/29054.aspx, it sounds like UseRowLayout/RowLayoutStyle is set so it doesn't know which cell is above it.  My question, then: is there a good workaround to continue with this behavior without using the UltraGridActions?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Regarding a workaround for the row layouts case: my assumption would be that you could create a virtual grid using the origins and spans of each column, and use that grid to determine which cell is above, below, to the left or to the right, based on its virtual position as it relates to the cell from which you are navigating.

Note that in the case where there are a relatively large number of rows and/or columns, building a virtual grid can be time-consuming, so consideration should be given to performance.

Also note that this solution would require "manually" handling the KeyDown event, i.e., you would not want to use the KeyActionMappings model for this sort of thing.

Children
No Data