Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Excel export with remote datasource and paging
posted

Hi, I have an igGrid configured with remote filtering, sorting, paging, and column hiding features. I'm setting up Excel export feature for this grid:

$.ig.GridExcelExporter.exportGrid($("#CompaniesGrid"), {
fileName: "CompaniesGrid",
gridFeatureOptions: {
sorting: "applied",
filtering: "filteredRowsOnly",
paging: "allRows",
hiding: "visibleColumnsOnly",
}
});

Exporing to Excel works, but it only exports the currently visible page, although I have the paging option set to "allRows", and NOT "currentPage".

Analyzing the web requests using Fiddler shows that when loading a page the grid makes a datasource query with the pageindex and pagesize arguments, and filtering, sorting, etc. set correctly.

But, when clicking the export button, I observe that the grid does not make any additional web requests to the remote datasource. What I'd expect is that the grid should either query the datasource page-by-page until all rows are loaded, or, it may query the whole datasource without paging options set.

Anyway none of them happens, the grid only exports the data that is currently visible in it.

Do you have an idea what could be wrong in this case?

regards,

Peter

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello Peter,

I played around with the sample for exporting a grid features to excel using the WebExcelExporter here: http://jsfiddle.net/z4L0mxxj/3/ by adding additional features and the properties you have in gridFeatureOptions and was unable to reproduce this issue.

Can you give me more information on how you are instantiating your grid? If you could provide a runnable sample I could take a deeper look into this.

Children