Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Issues running .NET project upgrade utility on Windows 8
posted

Hi all,

Some background:

• I am trying to re-compile a large and complex .NET project that uses NetAdvantage 2005
  • I recently upgraded the development environment to Windows 8 x64 and .NET 2010
  • I have issues re-compiling in .NET 2010, and after reading forums at this site I understand that I need to update NetAdvantage from 2005 to 2010 to solve it.

Which brings be to my issue.

I cannot run the .NET Project Upgrade Utility, as it calls for a bunch of .NET 1 and 2 framework versions that cannot be installed on a Windows 8 platform. I do have certain .NET framework 1 and 2 versions, but not the exact revisions that the utility is calling for and it refuses to run. 

I would like to solve this without altering my development environment, as it was a very painful to build. 

Can anyone suggest a fix?

Thanks,
Chris.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Chris,

Version utility is used to replace only reference of libraries in the project. In other words if you are using 5.2.1420 it will replace it with 10.3.2423, but will not resolve errors caused by api difference between versions. 

Volume release 2005 and 2010 were retired several years ago and are not longer supported. For more refer our supported enviroments and our product life cycle.

What I can suggest if the compilation error is caused by incorrect reference to change the references manually.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Children
No Data