Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Pivot Grid : Saving the layout
posted

I am using the 16.1's UltraPivotGrid against a flat data source (such as generic List of a Poco object).

I was able to programatically define the rows, columns, metrcis and filters. However, how do I save the chosen layout which means, user modified rows/columns, or state such as expanded rows, columns, etc?

This is on Winforms.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

In the data source you have the following events

AxisAddHierarchyAsyncCompleted
    AxisRemoveHierarchyAsyncCompleted
    AddFilterAsyncCompleted
    RemoveFilterAsyncCompleted
    AddMeasureAsyncCompleted
    RemoveMeasureAsyncCompleted

These get fired when the user Adds / Removes Filters, Columns and Rows

Create 4 distict lists to contain this information

List<string> measures, cols, rows, filters;

Then on each of those events add / remove accordingly

private void Ds_RemoveMeasureAsyncCompleted(object sender, Infragistics.Olap.RemoveMeasureAsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
    {
    measures.Remove(e.MeasureUniqueName);
    }

private void Ds_AddMeasureAsyncCompleted(object sender, Infragistics.Olap.AddMeasureAsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
    {
    measures.Add(e.MeasureUniqueName);
    }

private void Ds_RemoveFilterAsyncCompleted(object sender, Infragistics.Olap.RemoveFilterAsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
    {
    filters.Remove(e.HierarchyUniqueName);
    }

private void Ds_AddFilterAsyncCompleted(object sender, Infragistics.Olap.AddFilterAsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
    {
    filters.Add(e.HierarchyUniqueName);
    }

private void Ds_AxisRemoveHierarchyAsyncCompleted(object sender, Infragistics.Olap.AxisRemoveHierarchyAsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
    {
    if (e.AxisType == Infragistics.Olap.AxisType.Row)
    rows.Remove(e.HierarchyUniqueName);
    else
    rows.Remove(e.HierarchyUniqueName);
    }

private void Ds_AxisAddHierarchyAsyncCompleted(object sender, Infragistics.Olap.AxisAddHierarchyAsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
    {
    if (e.AxisType == Infragistics.Olap.AxisType.Row)
    rows.Add(e.HierarchyUniqueName);
    else
    rows.Add(e.HierarchyUniqueName);
    }

You can then serialize or (somehow) save those lists and then next time you load the Pivot you can set those in your FlatDataSourceInitialSettings()

var settings = new FlatDataSourceInitialSettings();

//Load up your rows, columns, measures and filters and create a comma separated string for each one I assume you can figure that part out yourself

settings.Rows = GetCommaSeparatedList(rows);

settings.Columns = GetCommaSeparatedList(cols);

settings.Filters = GetCommaSeparatedList(filders);

settings.Measures = GetCommaSeparatedList(measure);

Hope this helps!

Children
No Data