Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Strange Behaviour ContextMenu
posted

Hello,

i hope my english is good enough to explain my Problem.

I have the following Situation:

• I have a WinForm, containing a UltraWingrid and a UltraToolbarmanager
  • After Right-Click on the Grid, i build a Master-PopupMenuTool with Child-PopupMenuTools and at least ButtonTools.
  • After all, i use the "SetContextMenuUltra"-Method to connect the Master-Popupmenutool as a Contextmenu for my Grid.
  • Up to this Point, all is very well. The Contextmenu is visible.
  • The strange behaviour is the following:
    • I move the mouse over the first Popupmenu with Childs.
    • The Poupmenu opens the childs correctly as a submenu.
    • I move the mouse over a child and then i move the mouse back to the parentmenu and down to another Poupmenu.
    • And now the complete Contextmenu vanishs...???

I found the solution für this behavoiur, but i can't explain... Is this an error?

The reason for this behavoiur is the property "DockWithinContainer". If this Property is not set, then the Menu will act as described. Setting this Property to a valid Container - in my example a simple UltraPanel anywhere on the form - and the error is gone, the menu will act as usually, i.e. i can move the mouse between all avalilable menuitems.

Greetings, Karsten Heimer.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi Karsten,

Thank you for posting in our forums.

Generally the toolbars manager is meant to have a container in which to display its tools. The DockWithinContainer is there to allow the user to dock the toolbars manager to containers other than a form. Still the DockWithinContainer property must be provided since otherwise issues like that are possible. Dropping the UltraToolbarsManager in design time to the Form will automatically set the DockWithContianer property to the Form itself and you don’t have to do anything else in order for the component to work properly.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Reply Children