Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Shareplus v4.0.2 upgrade does not make use of existing credentials
posted

The existing Sites I had defined in v3.8.x lost their account credentials.   After going into Settings to add the existing account back, it failed authentication.   I had to add a replacement Account to use instead.

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Mike,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. There appears to be a few reports recently where users have experienced this and similar unexpected behavior when upgrading to SharePlus 4.0. Since there was a smaller patch released a couple days ago, are you now stating that the same issue has reoccurred, between 4.0 and 4.0.2?

So far I have not seen any loss of any stored settings when upgrading. The device cache's this information, but when the app is uninstalled it's expected that you would lose all modified changes and would be required to enter all the site and accounts to continue working.

It seems that upgrading sometimes performs a cache reset: deleting all locally stored data. I don't have any recommendations at this point but we are keeping an eye out for these type of issues and ironing out as many as we can when we are able to reproduce the behavior.

Thanks and let me know if you have any additional questions.