Getting Started with NetAdvantage for WPF
Once you've downloaded NetAdvantage for WPF, you can start using it quickly and easily. Check out our video below to learn how you can start coding Excel Imports & Exports.
Getting Started - Installation, QuickStarts, and the Version Utility
Download and Installation
To start using the product, you need to get the latest bits and install either the trial version or the licensed version of the product.
Using the QuickStart Solutions
Once the product is installed, you can start to explore the product in several ways:
1) Open the Quick Start Solutions, and learn by walking through pre-defined samples with hints in the source code and XAML
Browsing the Samples & Source Code
2) Browse the local samples, and review the code for the samples you are most interested in. If you haven't installed the product, you can always view the samples and source code online.
Finding and Using Help
3) Review the product documentation, and learn from the How To articles or the API documentation
Upgrading a Project or Solution
If you have an existing application, you can use the Version Utility to upgrade your project to the latest version.
Start Coding Excel Import and Export
Import and Export an Excel File
Importing and exporting data from a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet will improve the interaction and reporting capability of your applications.
In this quick start video, you will:
- Load the data from an Excel file into the grid via a drag & drop operation
- Export the contents of a grid to an Excel file
Export Grid to Microsoft Word
Learn how to export xamGrid records into a Microsoft Word file.
Scenario Sample - Create a Microsoft™ Ribbon UI
Create a Microsoft™ Ribbon UI
Learn how to use the WPF xamRibbon control to create that modern Microsoft™ Office™ user interface for YOUR applications.
Start Coding Editable Forms
Creating a MVVM CRUD experience with the WPF grid
Work with the WPF Grid to create a hierarchical data application using MVVM. In this video, you'll learn to implement custom column templates as well as bind, add, update, and delete data in the grid from the ViewModel.
Start Coding Grid
Creating a Full Featured WPF Grid Page
Make the most of your WPF toolset's high performance tabular data grid in the DataPresenter control. The grid contains key features like hierarchy, sorting, cell merging, editing, summaries and grouping.
In this quick start video, you will learn how to:
- Add a grid to a page
- Bind data from SQL Server to the grid
- Enable key features including sorting, grouping, column pinning and column summaries
Enable Record Filtering
Don't waste time creating your own filter. Use the intrinsic xamDataGrid built in filter capabilities by just setting a few properties.