Senior Project Manager for Internet Explorer, Pete LePage (@petele), joins Pixel8 to discuss the upcoming HTML5 and CSS3 support for IE9 along with a review additional developer enhancements coming in IE9.
What’s Coming in IE9?
- Hardware acceleration
- Selection API
- Media queries
HTML5… So What’s Taking So Long?
- The spec has some stable parts, but much of it is still some still volatile
- Pete discusses how the W3C will decide when the HTML5 spec is “done”
- Dangers of developing against a moving target (for browser makers as well as web developers)
HTML5 in IE
You can experience the ongoing support for HTML5 by visiting http://ietestdrive.com:
Parts of HTML5 that are support in IE9 include:
Also in the interview…
Pete and Craig also discuss:
- Are the Browser Wars Back?
- What is the Platform Preview?
- What parts of the CSS3 spec are being implemented in IE9?
- How do media queries work?
- What does the selection API do?