Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
remove platform installer 2103
posted

I have been using winforms for many years. I just notice as well as the two versions (16.2 & 18.1) I have an entry in the Infragistics menu of Visual studio (2017 FYI) Package Installer 2013.1 .  I cant find any entry in the uninstall programs for 2013.1 (i uninstalled them some time ago) or any thing in the VS extension tools list.

Can you tell me how to remove this item?

Offline posted

Hello Steven,

I have been investigating into this issue with our engineering teams, and there are a couple of things I can recommend in this case.

The first thing I can recommend in this case is to check your installed programs for an entry that matches "Infragistics Developer Tools <version>." If you find a 2013.1 version mentioned there, uninstall it, as the Visual Studio Extension may be pulling from this.

If the above does not exist or does not work, I would then recommend checking the registry entries for the installers. This can be found under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Infragistics\Installer in the Registry Editor. If you have a folder or folders pointing at 2013.1, I would recommend removal of these from the registry, as this should ensure that the extension does not pick up on them.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.