Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Best Approach for Offline Continuous Integration Build Server
posted

Without violating our license, what is the recommended approach for referencing Infragistics libraries for an offline continuous integration build server?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Owen,

There is no violation of your license by using the Infragistics controls in an offline CI build server. The licensing just requires that any developer who is developing with the Infragistics controls at a particular time needs to be licensed to the controls.

With that said, being that your build server will be offline, I would recommend utilizing our offline installers in order to install the Infragistics controls to your server. These can be downloaded from your account on the Infragistics website, here: https://account.infragistics.com/downloads. Under each product type (e.g. Windows Forms / WPF / etc.), you can download the “Complete Bundle.” This will give you a .zip file with the .msi installer files to install the assemblies offline to the build machine. From there, you can reference the assemblies.

Depending on the environment that you are trying to build your application, you may also be able to utilize NuGet. I do not currently know what type of application you are creating or what environment it is being created in though.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Children
No Data