Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Questions about Infragistics Support
posted

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

Our company has been a loyal Infragistics customer since 2004. Currently we have 2 subscriptions with Standard Support and 1 with Priority Support (recently upgraded our application to 8.1).

Infragistics Support disagreed with me about what actually the responsibilities of the Support are. I’ve tried to contact DS Manager and Product Manager. My email was ignored by both of them.

I hope that this forum is better monitored and I can receive answers to my questions. For documentation purposes: my email to DS Manager and Product Manager was sent on 28.02.08. Original issue was the incident UWG28711. We have already worked around this specific issue (without whatsoever assistance or willingness to assist from the side of the support), so please don’t waste time with the solutions for the original incident.

I have two questions. The first one:

Infragistics Support holds the position that customers must provide a complete Visual Studio solution for reproducing of the bug where the only action needed on the support side is to open the solution, press F5, the bug will be reproduced automatically – solution can be passed to the development department.

I’ve already had several conversations like:

Andrej Kuklin: I bind a System.Data.DataSet to a WinGrid using SetDataBinding() method. InitializeRow event won’t be thrown. I’ve debugged Infragistics code, and the problem is a failed debug assertion. Here is the _stack trace_ to the failed debug assertion. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce it in a sample application. I can provide more information if needed.

Support Engineer: No sample means that problem doesn’t exist. May I conclude the session?

Question: Is this behavior also the official position of Infragistics? What are actually the responsibilities of Support Engineers when customer has found a bug in the Infragistics Controls? If the only responsibility is to press F5 in Visual Studio may be it should be better to rename “Support” into “Stub Proxy to Development Department”?

Second Question:

Sometimes I would like to know what other similar incidents were already registered (in order to check for workarounds or narrow down the possible source of the error). A couple of times Support Engineer didn’t provide me the information with the explanation “Sorry as per our support policy i can't provide you the incident or bug report number” (I’m copying from the chat log).

Other Support Engineers don’t have any problems providing me this information. My personal opinion is that it is pretty stupid not to give out this information because it anyway doesn’t contain any personal data, and this information is too precious to keep it not available to other customers experiencing the same problems.

What is the official position to this point?

Sincerely,

Andrej Kuklin

Parents Reply Children
No Data