I am able to bind records and implement sort, paging, filtering according to the documentation for Ignite UI for Angular. As there is not much support available right now for Add, Edit in dialog, can you provide me a sample.
For your reference i have attached a sample application.
By default the grid will create an edit dialog if at least one column is marked as editable which can be opened by double clicking on a row.
However you can override that behavior by moving the data for edit in a different dialog or an entirely different component/UI. Yes currently there is not UI for adding a new item, but again it can be implemented using the CRUD API of the grid.
I have modified the sample you provided. Feel free to examine it and contact me for further information.
Thank you for the solution provided. It was really helpful.
I will explore more on the same and will let you know if i need anything more. As of now i needed a dialog which you have provided me with a solution.
Hoping for more samples with documentation for Igniteui for Angular.
In addition to this, I have some other scenarios,
1. If I don't want some fields in the Add and Edit Popup, how can I skip/remove those?
Eg. "Id" field in this application
2. I want to have dropdown in the add/edit popup.
Can you please extend the same solution to cover these things?
Thanks for sharing the sampleapplication, the code looks good.
What we are looking for is an inline-editing approach in stead of using dialogs, can you provide a sample application for this?
I've explored the crud api and we not sure on how to use the current api to use inline editing: some questions:
- how to assure that all cells are in editmode, when adding a row? In this way we could tab through the edittemplates.
- how to get the rowkey of the row that has been added via the addRow method of the grid?
- is there a on rowleave or cellleave event (or something a like) that we could use. This events could help us to invoke the onEditDone event. Now this the onEditDone is invoke by pressing enter on keyboard, would be nice if we could invoke this automatically via the UI.
About your questions, currently we do not plan to add row editing of the grid. We have cell editing and keyboard navigation, and as lon as all cells of the row are in edit mode, you will be able to access them with the "tab" keypress and edit their data. We are currently improving our editable cells along with keyboard navigation. Later this week we are going to merge the PR responsible for this enchancements.
My suggestions is to use our GitHub repository and to track development actions from there. As for your questions:
- we currently do not plan to provide row adding template or row editing template. Row adding is something that could be achievend on application level. Sample
- In order to get the row key, you can access it through the cell object, as it is shown in the sample: