Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Multicolumn sorting not working properly
posted

I am using Hierarchical Grid in my project with sorting enabled on most of columns. But it's not working properly. Even I notice it's not working on Hierarchical Grid Sorting example as well.

Example Link: https://www.infragistics.com/products/ignite-ui-angular/angular/components/hierarchicalgrid/sorting.html

I above example Artist column sorted ascending order and when I try sorting on "Debut" column I can not see any change. Same issue I also facing in my project. 

Please give some suggestion.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello,
    Thank you for contacting Infragistics Support.
    I have seen the example that you link above, and I can not notice any problem. The behavior that you describe is by design. When you apply sorting for a specific column grid sort all the data according that column. But when you try to sort the data by a second column the igx-grid does not clean the previous sorting, but keep the current order and try if it is possible to sort the data over the second column. If you want to override this behavior, and not to preserve the sorting of the previous column you can follow this example.

If you need any further assistance, please contact us.

Children
No Data