Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Use locale and formatter in igx-date-picker
posted

Hello,

in our app we use a grid with editable timestamp values in some cells. So far i didn't found any date&time picker... Thats why we are going to use 1 date and 1 time picker for the same field (the implementation works fine :-)). But I also need to set the locale of the igx-date-picker and the date format can be customized, too.

Whenever I used the locale (as described here https://www.infragistics.com/products/ignite-ui-angular/angular/components/date-picker#internationalization) , the [formatter] or [format] will fail, when I f.e. select a 31. March. Suddently i can see NAN... With locale it works as expected.

Is there any way to get the calendar translations for a the specific language + using a specific date format?

Our current code looks more or less like this:

<igx-date-picker [(ngModel)]="manualDate" [formatter]="dateFormatter"
                             [mask]="dateFormat" [ngModelOptions]="{standalone: true}"
                             [showWeekNumbers]="true"
                             cancelButtonLabel="{{ 'CANCEL' | translate }}"mode="dropdown"
                             todayButtonLabel="{{ 'TODAY' | translate }}">
              <ng-template igxDatePickerTemplate
                           let-displayData="displayData"
                           let-openDialog="openDialog">
                <igx-input-group>
                  <input #dateDropDownTarget (blur)="onManualDateChange($event.target.value, cell)" [value]="displayData" igxInput/>
                  <igx-suffix (click)="openDialog(dateDropDownTarget)">
                    <igx-icon>event_note</igx-icon>
                  </igx-suffix>
                </igx-input-group>
              </ng-template>
            </igx-date-picker>

We use the  version "10.2.10".