Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Using Action strip with grid editing actions tag, but unable to find the event which gets fired on Delete action
posted

Hi,

I'm trying to use the action strip component, with the igx-grid-editing-actions, which provides the user with three in-built actions: add(if user sets [addRow]="true"), edit, delete.

For the Delete action, I'm trying to find out which event gets fired so that I can dynamically write code according to requirement.

Attached is the code snippet, and the image of the action strip with the igx-grid-editing-actions.

Regards,

Anvitha.

<igx-action-strip #actionstrip>
                <igx-grid-editing-actions [addRow]="true" [asMenuItems]="true"></igx-grid-editing-actions>
 </igx-action-strip>  

Offline posted

Hello Anvitha,

Thank you for reaching out.

The igx-action-button emits the actionClick event, when choosing any option from the <igx-grid-editing_actions> menu. However, the igx-grid-editing-actions consumes the event and does not re-emit it further. Currently the <igx-editing-actions>could be replaced with the button itself, and the event handler could be attached to the actionClick through the button. For example:

<igx-action-strip #actionstrip>

<igx-grid-action-button iconName="delete" [labelText]="delete"

(actionClick)="clickHandler($event)"></igx-grid-action-button>

</igx-action-strip>

Since there might be a better approach for achieving your requirement, please elaborate on what is the behavior that you are looking for when the button is clicked, so that I can investigate it further.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Viktor Kombov

Entry Level Software Developer

Infragistics, Inc.