Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Unable to create grid using Html.Infragistics().Grid() and get error "Unexpected token '<'
posted

Hi,

I recently create a new .NET 6 web app project and want to use igGrid in my project. I was used to the C# MVC way (Html.Infragistics().Loader() $ Html.Infragistics().Grid()) to create the grid (instead of jquery way like $.ig.Loader & $('#id').igGrid({})) but it return error "SyntaxError: Unexpected token '<', " <script Ty"... is not valid JSON".

Project structure, all IgniteUI css and js files are under wwwroot folder:

Nuget package: Infragistics.Web.AspNetCore (6.22.2.7)

The css and scripts referenced:
<link href="/css/themes/infragistics/infragistics.theme.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="/css/structure/infragistics.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<script src="">code.jquery.com/.../script>
<script src="">code.jquery.com/.../script>
<script src="/js/infragistics.core.js"></script>
<script src="/js/infragistics.lob.js"></script>
<script src="/js/infragistics.loader.js"></script>

Then, I have my controller code that return dummy records array to the Workbench.cshtml partial view.
Workbench.cshtml:

@using Infragistics.Web.Mvc
@model TestProjecte.Models.DummyModel

@(Html.Infragistics().Loader()
            .ScriptPath(Url.Content("/js/"))
            .CssPath(Url.Content("/css/"))
            .Theme("bootstrap")
            .Render())

@(Html.Infragistics().Grid(Model.Records.AsQueryable())
                .ID("tblRecords")     
                .FixedHeaders(true)
                .DefaultColumnWidth("130px")
                .AutoGenerateColumns(false)
                .Columns(column =>
                {
                    column.For(x => x.Id).HeaderText("Id").ColumnCssClass("text-center").HeaderCssClass("text-center");                    
                    column.For(x => x.StartTime).HeaderText("Start Time").ColumnCssClass("text-center").HeaderCssClass("text-center").DataType("date").Format("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.fff").Width("200px");
                    column.For(x => x.EndTime).HeaderText("End Time").ColumnCssClass("text-center").HeaderCssClass("text-center").DataType("date").Format("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.fff").Width("200px");
                    column.For(x => x.Dur).HeaderText("Duration (s)").ColumnCssClass("text-center").HeaderCssClass("text-center");                    
					column.For(x => x.Location).HeaderText("Location").ColumnCssClass("text-center").HeaderCssClass("text-center");
                })                
                .Virtualization(false)
                .Render())

May I know what did I miss out, is it missing Nuget package reference, wrong jquery version, or the way I use Html.Infragistics().Loader() is wrong (I was coming from .NET Framework project which creates the grid this way)? Any pointer or help is great, thanks!

Parents Reply Children
No Data