Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Row Edit Dialog - how to cancel on failed validation check
posted

With Ignite UI version 16.2, the Updating rowEditDialogClosing event has been replaced by the new rowEditDialogBeforeClose event but, unlike its predecessor, this event is not cancelable.  

I need to validate the data entered by the user in the row edit dialog and cancel the closing event if it fails validation.  How do I do this now if the event is not cancelable?

Parents
    posted

Hello Charles,

Ignite UI has a validation tool called igValidator. When in edit mode, if a field does not match the validator's criteria for a valid expression, the Done button is not clickable. The igValidator is activated by setting the validation option of a column to true. In the igValidator a custom validating function can be specified or a RegExp.

I have attached a sample, demonstrating how validation is achieved. Please test it and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,
    Ivaylo Hubenov
    Entry-level developer

validation.zip
Reply Children