I attempted to drop a Category Chart into a .NET Core 2.0 project using the example code https://www.igniteui.com/category-chart/aspnet-mvc-helper
The screen snaps below show the story
Notice "Title" is highlighted/red (1st graphic below)
Notice "Title" and "Subtitle" do not show in intelliSense (2nd graphic)
I opened the object browser for Infragistics.Web.Mvc.dll (3rd & 4th graphics) - "Title" and "Subtitle" are in fact there, but notice the "Summary" is in Japanese (not English)
When run, the browser page reports a compilation error (5th graphic):'CategoryChart<FinancialDataPoint>' does not contain a definition for 'Title' and no extension method 'Title' accepting a first argument of type 'CategoryChart<FinancialDataPoint>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
The controller is the final graphic (6th graphic)
(I could not get these pics to keep their size or order in the editor)
Forgot to include my environment:
Visual Studio 2017 (15.5.2)IgniteUI (17.2.412)Infragistics.Web.AspNetCore (184.108.40.206)
Follow-up:Seems I'd pointed the object browser to MVC5 and not netcoreapp2.0
(the "Brushes" gave it away - my bad...)
The 2 screen snaps below are from object browser pointing to the local NuGet packages at:
Notice "Title" and "Subtitle" are not present (2nd graphic) - hence the compilation errors...
I've managed to strip out a bunch of the junk from the wwwroot/lib folder, the zip file is now 9,607 KBBut am unable to upload the zip file - "An error occurred, please try again or contact..."
I've uploaded it to OneDrive - here is the link
The test project is pretty much straight out of the box, with the BioController + view copied from the original project
If you comment out "Title" and "Subtitle" from the view, the view does compile with the web page showing:
I can't get these graphics to keep their sizes, so will stop trying...
New link to the Test Project...
Work item with number 247425 has been associated with this forum thread.
Thank you Zdravko!
I apologize for such a sloppy post - I sure had trouble with this forum editor
Obviously this was just a quick and dirty test project (with the model in the controller...)
Happy to see the chart on the page...