Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
iggrid detect cell selected in different row
posted

I am trying to detect when a user puts the cursor in a cell of a different row.  I want to be able to default a value when they do this.  This really shouldn't be hard, but I cannot find any documentation on the API directives. Basically, when I do $("Grid").bind("directive", function..., I want to know everything that I can possible do. It would be nice if there was a complete list of these.  

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Cole,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

As I want to be sure I understand your question correctly, some more details regarding your scenario would be appreciated:

• By “user puts the cursor in a cell of a different row” do you mean hovering a cell, which is essentially the mouseenter (and optionally the mouseleave) event, or when the user clicks a cell in a different row?
    • How do you determine which is the “current” row? Do you have the Updating feature enabled and the “current” row is the one in “edit” mode, or do you mean something completely different?
    • What value do you need to set to default when the user hovers (or clicks?) a cell in a different row? I would appreciate if you please elaborate some more on this one?
    • Which version of Ignite UI and what grid configuration do you use?

Providing me those details would allow me to give you a more precise answer. 

The full API documentation may be found here:

https://www.igniteui.com/help/api/2018.2/ui.iggrid

Children