Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Accessability Compliance of ightmleditor
posted

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any way to make the ightmleditor compliant with WAI rules for accessibility.
The tab order and the button names are not readout by the accessability tools. I am using NVDA.

I have tried this on the sample provided on your page - https://www.igniteui.com/html-editor/overview

If you try tabbing to through the controls, you will see that the tab order is followed only for the buttons and the drop downs are ignored.

The text color and the background color does not have any valid text associated with it. So the assistive tech tools only reads them out as button and does not describe what it does.

The disabled buttons should be skipped from the tabbing order, but with ightmleditor, the disabled buttons also get a focus.

We are using version 18.1.76.

Please let me know if there is any way to make the editor completely accessible compliant.

Thanks,
Vaishnavi

Parents Reply Children
No Data