Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Creating igDataChart with xAxis time and horizontal bar charts based on time
posted

Hi!

I am trying to create an igDataChart with horizontal bars based on specific times (those bars can have spaces between them). So far I tried creating custom series and "plot" those onto my graph, but it seems that I cannot find the right combination of settings in order to create the right chart. I attached a screenshot with what I need to do; the data provided to the igDataChart can be easily created/updated in order to have the needed template.

I am thinking of using the igDataChart with custom series or maybe custom stacked series (I have no experience with igDataChart, so maybe there is some other possibility), and the data would be something like this:

[{ "Key": "2201", "Time1": "7:30", "Time2": "7:45", "ToolTipInfo": "22" }, { "Key": "2201", "Time1": "8:00", "Time2": "8:10", "ToolTipInfo": "22" }, { "Key": "2201", "Time1": "8:30", "Time2": "8:45", "ToolTipInfo": "22" }].

Is there any possibility to create it with igDataChart? Or is there another control that could help me creating this?

Offline posted

Hello Costica,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics Community!

After doing some research I have asked our engineering staff to examine this further and we found that what you’re trying to achieve is called Gantt chart and is currently not provided out of the box. What I can suggest is submitting a new product idea. You can suggest new product ideas for future versions (or vote for existing ones) at <http://ideas.infragistics.com >.

There are many benefits to submitting a product idea:

-          Direct communication with our product management team regarding your product idea.

-          Notifications whenever new information regarding your idea becomes available.

-          Ability to vote on your favorite product ideas to let us know which ones are the most important to you.  You will have ten votes for this and can change which ideas you are voting for at any time.

-          Allow you to shape the future of our products by requesting new controls and products altogether.

-          You and other developers can discuss existing product ideas with members of our Product Management team.

Steps to create your idea:

1. Log into the Infragistics Product Idea site at http://ideas.infragistics.com (creating a new login if needed).
    2. Navigate to the product / platform channel of your choice (e.g. WPF, Windows Forms, ASP.NET, HTML5 / Ignite UI, iOS / NucliOS, etc.)
    3. Add your product idea and be sure to be specific and provide as much detail as possible.

The Product Idea site puts you in the driver’s seat and allows you to track the progress of your ideas at any time, see how many votes it got, read comments from other developers in the community, and see if someone from the product team has additional questions for you.

Best Regards,
    Martin Evtimov
    Entry Level Software Developer
    Infragistics, Inc.