Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Special character '<' at the start of string does not display the data
posted

Hello, I am currently using Infragistics grid for my ASP .NET MVC project.

I have a sample string data like '<ABCD>' in the database. When I display it using the grid, only the data with '<' character at the start of the string data is not display. How can I fix it?

Offline posted

Hello Kristine,

I’ve investigated the described behavior and was able to determine that when the grid receives data like “<ABC>” it interprets that as an HTML element and is rendered like that on the screen. Because this element is not recognized it appears as an empty cell. In order to display "<ABC>" as string, the symbol “<” should  be replaced with “&lt” and “>” with “&gt”.

Please test it on your side and let me know if you need any further information regarding this matter.

Regards,

Aleksandar Atanasov,

Infragistics.

Offline posted

Update options
    To update options, changing the options property in place or passing in a new options object is supported.
    If options are changed in place, other option properties will be preserved, including those calculated by Chart.js.
    If created as a new object, it will be the same as creating a new chart with options - the old options will be removed.
    function updateConfigByMutating(chart) {
    chart.options.plugins.title.text = 'new title';
    chart.update();
    }
    function updateConfigAsNewObject(chart) {
    chart.options = {
    responsive: true,
    plugins: {
    title: {
    display: true,
    text: 'Chart.js'
    }
    },
    scales: {
    x: {
    display: true
    },
    y: {
    display: true
    }
    }
    };
    chart.update();}
    The scale can be updated separately without changing other options. To update the scale, pass in an object containing all the customizations including those that don't change.

Variables referencing any variables from which chart.scales will be lost after updating the scale with a new variable id or changed