Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
igGrid and igCombobox
posted

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way for the igGrid and igCombobox to return back to the server only the data for the columns that are defined in the list of columns.

Here is an example:

igGrid and igCombobox list of Columns: ID, Code.

Datasource Columns: ID, Code, Name, Description, Quanity, Price, etc..

I want the helper to only return the data for ID and Code and ignore the rest.

Thanks

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi,

If I've understood you correctly, this might be the solution you're looking for:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9878983/ignore-a-property-while-using-jquery-extend 

The trick would be that you need to iterate through the records of the igGrid's dataSource, extend each one into a temp  variable which you can then push into an array and then send that array (its objects will contain ID and Code only) to the server-side via AJAX.

I think this approach would work for you, but if it doesn't can you please provide me a few clues as to why do want to transmit just a "windowed" version of the grid and combo's data to the server.
    The more understanding I have of the need behind the scenario, the better a sample I can provide for you.

Cheers,
    Borislav 

Children
No Data