Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How does the igUpload not allow extension work?
posted

Hello, 

I am using igUpload control in my ASP.NET MVC3 project. I know it has a property allowedExtensions to set the allowed upload the files with these extensions, I want to know if there is a way to set some types of files cannot be uploaded, is there a property like notAllowedExtension? For example, I just do not want to user to upload .exe files, all other types are ok, how can I do that?

Best regards

Jason

Suggested Answer
    posted

Hi Jason,

You can use the allowedExtensions option in JavaScript on the client or the AllowedExtensions method on the ASP.NET MVC helper:

JavaScript - accepts an array of strings representing the allowed file extensions:

$('#upload').igUpload({ 
            allowedExtensions: [ 'jpg', 'bmp' ], 
            progressUrl: '/IGUploadStatusHandler.ashx' 
        });

ASP.NET MVC Helper (Razor C#) - accepts a Generic List of strings representing the allowed file extensions:

@(Html.Infragistics().Upload() 
            .ID("upload")
            .AllowedExtensions(new List<string> { "jpg", "bmp" }) 
            .ProgressUrl("/IGUploadStatusHandler.ashx") .Render() 
        )

If you would like to show an error message, you can handle the onError event in JavaScript and check for status code 2:

$("#upload").bind("iguploadonerror", function (e, ui) { 
            if (ui.errorCode === 2) 
                alert(ui.errorMessage); 
            return; 
        });

You can read more about the upload's API in the API documentation: https://www.igniteui.com/help/igupload-igupload

Hope that helps!