Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Change landing page on a screen
posted

Hi all, I'm having trouble by defining a new start page from a screen I've created.

To be more precise:

I've created a screen, i started designing it. Then now I want to change the first state of this screen... how can I do that?

thanks

Offline posted
    Hi Michael,
    Thanks for contacting us.
    Currently, there is no way to change the initial state for a screen. As a workaround, you can Extract as New screen the state and all states that are after the one you want as a start point. Then you can add a navigate to screen interaction from the source screeen to the new one, if it corresponds in your prototype.
    In order to Extract as New screen a state, you need to
    • Open the screen in which you want to change the initial state
    • Expand the Interaction Explorer

• At the interaction flow, right click the state that you want to make as initial state

• After the context menu is displayed, click Extract as New screen action.
    • After the new screen is created, a new state is added to the source screen which represents a Navigate to screen state. Please delete it, otherwise you will have an interaction from the source screen to the new one. You can delete it just right clicking the new node at the interaction flow and then clicking the Delete action at the context menu.
    • Go to the new screen and add a navigate to screen interaction from that screen to the source one if it corresponds.
    Please let us know if it works for you.
    Best regards,
    Claudia
    Indigo Team