Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Is it possible to connect ReportsPlus to Azure Analysis Services?
posted

Is it possible to connect to Azure Analysis Services with ReportsPlus.

In Azure, I created a SSAS instance (not running in a VM, this is Azure Analysis Services (Paas).  The "server name" it gives me is like this:

asazure://aspaaseastus2.asazure.windows.net/myastest

I used that above as the server name in ReportsPlus, entered credentials, and when I connect I get:

An exception of type 'System.Xml.XmlException' occurred and was caught.

Element 'return' was not found. Line 5, position 2.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
06/23/2017 11:15:15
Type : System.Xml.XmlException, System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Message : Element 'return' was not found. Line 5, position 2.
Source : System.Xml
Help link :
LineNumber : 5
LinePosition : 2
SourceUri :
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : Void ReadStartElement(System.String)
HResult : -2146232000
Stack Trace :    at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadStartElement(String name)
   at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaReader.ReadStartElement(String name)
   at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.SupportsProperty(String propName)
   at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.Connect(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo, Boolean beginSession)
   at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.XmlaClientProvider.Connect(Boolean toIXMLA)
   at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.XmlaClientProvider.Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.IXmlaClientProviderEx.ConnectIXmla()
   at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.ConnectToIXMLA(Boolean createSession)
   at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.Open()
   at Infragistics.ReportPlus.Providers.Ssas.SsasClient.VerifyConnection(String connectionString)

Additional Info:

MachineName : W10-CNU415C3H3
TimeStamp : 06/23/2017 3:15:15 PM
FullName : Infragistics.ReportPlus.Desktop.Sdk.Core, Version=1.2.30.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebbf8110063acd1a
AppDomainName : ReportPlus.Desktop.exe
ThreadIdentity :
WindowsIdentity : MYDOMAIN\me