Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Export to PDF very slow
posted

I'm encountering a problem where the UltraWebGrid Export function is taking several minutes to respond.  I'm rendering the grid to a standard aspx page along with a "View as PDF" button.  Clicking this button triggers a postback which sets some style properties and then the following:

objExporter.ExportMode = Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.Exporter.ExportMode.Download
objExporter.Format = Infragistics.Documents.Reports.Report.FileFormat.PDF
objExporter.DownloadName = Filename
objExporter.Export(objGrid, objGridSection, objMS, True)

It's the last line where things get hung up.  Interestingly, if I skip adding the grid control to the page on post back, the PDF loads nice and quickly.  It also doesn't display all of the styling so this isn't a great option.  Also, most of our reports are in a Reports subfolder.  Those few that are in the root folder also load nice and quickly.  Not really sure why this would make a difference, but any insight here would be appreciated.

Offline posted

Hello Chris,

The UltraWebGrid is part of an old toolset, that was retired in 2011. We are not longer eligible to provide support for that. I can recommend to investigate differences between pages that load the pdf nice and those that hang out, there should be a reason for the behavior.