Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWebListbar inside WebSplitter does not resize smaller
posted

Hello,

I have a webform that has a horiz websplitter - "WebSplitter1".  I have a listbar (type explorer) within the lower splitter pane.  when the browser window is resized smaller, the listbar and its content do not get resized smaller - the list and content appear to remain the same size.  However, when the browser window is resized larger, the listbar and contents are resized larger as expected.  Note that when I replace the "WebSplitter2" with simple text, the listbar and contents resize smaller and larger as expected.

I have spent quite a bit of time stripping my webform page down to demonstrate this behavior.  I have provided this code below so that you can just drop it into VS2008.  Simply run this page and resize the browser window "smaller" - then "larger".  I am using IE7 and IE8. 

Q: How can i get the listbar and its content (which is another websplitter) to automatically resize smaller as well as larger when the browser window is resized smaller and larger?  Am I missing a setting on the listbar? or the websplitters? 

Thanks in advance!

-chris

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<%@ Register Assembly="Infragistics35.WebUI.UltraWebListbar.v8.3, Version=8.3.20083.1009, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb"
    Namespace="Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebListbar" TagPrefix="iglbar" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Infragistics35.Web.v8.3, Version=8.3.20083.1009, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb"
    Namespace="Infragistics.Web.UI.LayoutControls" TagPrefix="ig" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="cc1" %>

<script runat="server">

</script>

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
        <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" EnablePageMethods="true">
            <Services>
                <asp:ServiceReference Path="~/AutoComplete.asmx" />
            </Services>
        </asp:ScriptManager>
        <ig:WebSplitter ID="WebSplitter1" runat="server" Height="100%" Width="100%" Orientation="Horizontal"
            DynamicResize="true" ResizeWithBrowser="true">
            <Panes>
                <ig:SplitterPane BorderStyle="None" BorderWidth="0px" ScrollBars="Hidden">
                    <Template>
                        top pane
                    </Template>
                </ig:SplitterPane>
                    <Template>
                        <iglbar:UltraWebListbar ID="UltraWebListbar1" runat="server" Width="100%" Height="100%"
                            BarWidth="100%" ViewType="ExplorerBar">
                            <Groups>
                                <iglbar:Group Text="Group with nested splitter not resizing smaller">
                                    <Template>
                                        <ig:WebSplitter ID="WebSplitter2" runat="server" Height="200px" Width="100%" DynamicResize="true"
                                            ResizeWithBrowser="true">
                                            <Panes>
                                                    <Template>
                                                        left pane
                                                    </Template>
                                                    <Template>
                                                        right pane
                                                    </Template>
                                            </Panes>
                                        </ig:WebSplitter>
                                    </Template>
                                </iglbar:Group>
                            </Groups>
                        </iglbar:UltraWebListbar>
                    </Template>