Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Applying a filter when grouped on multiple columns bugged?
posted

I've been working on a way to apply filters in a grid that is grouped but I've come across what may be a bug.

I've got a grid that is grouped on 1 column and I've Implemented the RowFilterApplying Event.
This Event picks up which column is being filtered on and add this to a temporary table.
This works. It allows me to filter on multiple columns.

However, when I group on a second Column and then try to filter, there is an error.

The FilterEventArgs of the RowFilterApplying Event contains a ActiveColumnFilter property which is the name of the column being filtered, but when grouped on more then one column, this property is null.

Is this a Bug or can I find that information elsewhere?

Parents
    posted

Hello, 

I tried to replicate this issue on my end. I put up a grid bound to SQLDataSource and grouped one column applied filter, and checked the event args in the RowFilterApplying event. The ActiveColumnFilter gave me the correct information. I grouped by another column did the same thing with two different columns and still was getting the correct event arguments. 

Could you provide me with more information so that I can see if i missed anything trying to reproduce the issue. 

Thanks, 

Taz. 

Reply Children
No Data