Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Cannot update TextField in WebGrid.OnRowFilterApplied method
posted

Hi,

I am trying to update a text field when the WebGrid.OnRowFilterApplied method is fired.  Here is a code snippet of what I am trying to do.

On the client:

<asp:TextBox ID="txtBox" runat="server" Width="80%" Height="56px" />

<igtbl:UltraWebGrid ID="UltraGrid" runat="server" Browser="Xml" Height="216px"
Width="767px" OnInitializeLayout="UltraGrid_InitializeLayout" OnInitializeDataSource="UltraGrid_InitializeDataSource"
OnRowFilterApplied="UltraGrid_OnRowFilterApplied"
DataSource="<%# dataSource %>" DataMember="DataMember">
<Bands>
</Bands>

<DisplayLayout AllowAddNewDefault="Yes" AllowColSizingDefault="Free" AllowUpdateDefault="Yes"
AllowSortingDefault="OnClient" LoadOnDemand="Xml" RowsRange="20" BorderCollapseDefault="Separate"
ColWidthDefault="200px" HeaderClickActionDefault="SortMulti" Name="UltraWebGrid1"
RowHeightDefault="20px" RowSelectorsDefault="No" RowSizingDefault="Free" SelectTypeRowDefault="Extended"
StationaryMargins="Header" TableLayout="Fixed" UseFixedHeaders="True" Version="4.00">
    <FilterOptionsDefault AllowRowFiltering="OnClient">
        <FilterDropDownStyle BackColor="White" BorderColor="Silver" BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="1px"
        CustomRules="overflow:auto;" Font-Names="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"
        Font-Size="11px" Width="200px">
        <Padding Left="2px" />
        </FilterDropDownStyle>
        <FilterHighlightRowStyle BackColor="#151C55" ForeColor="White">
        </FilterHighlightRowStyle>
    </FilterOptionsDefault>
   </DisplayLayout>
</igtbl:UltraWebGrid>

On the server

protected void UltraGrid_OnRowFilterApplied(object sender, Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.FilterEventArgs e)
    {
    txtBox.Text = "Some value";
    }

I cannot set the value in the textbox from within the OnRowFilterApplied. When I try it using a normal WebGrid without the LoadOnDemand="Xml" , the code works fine. Since my Datasource is very large I need to use the lazy loading functionality provided by UltraWebGrid.

Can anyone please advice me of a way around this problem?

Thanks in Advance.

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Since this only occurs when you have the grid's AJAX enabled (LoadOnDemand = Xml), this is expected behavior.  This is because, when the grid does an AJAX callback, it sends only enough information to perform the required function; likewise, when the server sends its AJAX response, it sends only enough information for the grid to update itself.  As a result, other controls (such as your TextBox) are not updated on the client when their value is changed on the server.

The best solution I can find to get around this is to place your TextBox in a WebAsyncRefreshPanel (WARP) or UpdatePanel, and refresh that panel when the grid processes an AJAX response (using client-side events, either XmlHTTPResponse or AfterXmlHttpResponseProcessed).

Children
No Data