Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to delete a row in XamWebgrid from code behind
posted

Hi

I have a delete button in each row and I am trying to delete the row when the user clicks the delete button.Can anybody tell me what property I should use so that I can delete the row from the grid and also the from database.

Thanks

ss

Offline posted

Hi, 

A row has a method called Remove on it. 

But for your particular sample, you can simply it even more using our Row Delete Command

<ig:TemplateColumn Key="Delete">

<ig:TemplateColumn.ItemTemplate>

<DataTemplate>

<Button Content="Delete" >

<igBase:Commanding.Command>

<ig:XamWebGridRowCommandSource CommandType="Delete" EventName="Click"></ig:XamWebGridRowCommandSource>

</igBase:Commanding.Command>

</Button>

</DataTemplate>

</ig:TemplateColumn.ItemTemplate>

</ig:TemplateColumn>

And my xmlns definitions look like:

xmlns:ig="clr-namespace:Infragistics.Silverlight.Controls;assembly=Infragistics.Silverlight.XamWebGrid.v9.1"

xmlns:igBase="clr-namespace:Infragistics.Silverlight.Controls;assembly=Infragistics.Silverlight.v9.1"

This will actually update your underlying ItemSource as well.  So, you can track changes there, to pass back to your DB.  Or just use the Grid's RowDeleted event. 

-SteveZ