Please confirm if there is any chance to have Sheridan Data Widgets compatible with Windows 7 64-bit.
I had the same problem, finally I found a solution:
- You need XP (or older), install te sheridan product(s) with the CD(s)
- Search for the lisence keys in windows-register (regedit), only the last part is enough
- export all the found keys (in regedit), make sure that you found the key in 2 parts of the register (local_machine\software\.. and class_root\...)
- on win7 copy the ocx files from the sheridan CD (with explorer)
- on win7 execute the .reg files and .... IT WORKS, no demo mode
It cost me a long time surfing on the internet, finally I used my own brains:-)
I hope it works for you
I have SHERIDAN DATA WIDGETS 3.0. Only Object I need to install is SSDW3B32.OCX for my programs in VB6-SP6. As I have seen in your post that solution is copy-paste, from one computer (XP) to other (W7-64bits), license key from REGEDIT. Let me show you if I understand, you say
"Search for the lisence keys in windows-register (regedit), only the last part is enough.
Export all the found keys (in regedit), make sure that you found the key in 2 parts of the register (local_machine\software\.. and class_root\...)"
When I use Find option and put "SHERIDAN" word, and I can find HUNDREDS of References from Sheridan. Question: Only references I need are the ones that contain "Register-Keys", as you said "IN TWO PARTS", So I only have to export 2x2=4 lines of code (register) to new installation in W7-64bits...?
Beforehand, thank you very much.