Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Question about setting the DisplayMemberPath of a XamWebComboEditor
posted

I want to bind a xamwebcomboeditor to the distinct values of a linq query.  It will bind, but I don't know what to set the DisplayMemberPath to.  Here is the vb code:

cboCategory.ItemsSource = (From m in mccodes Select m.Category).Distinct()

I've tried DisplayMemberPath="{Binding}", DisplayMemberPath="{Binding Value}" and DisplayMemberPath = "Category".  In every case the combo has 13 blank items in it.

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    posted

I assumed that the Category was a string field.

what you are going to want to do is have you linq create objects if you want to use the display member path:

Code

public class Person

{

public string Name { get; set; }

// imagine a lot of other fields thought

}

public class PersonProxy

{

public string NameProxy{get ; set;}

}

void edit_Loaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

{

ObservableCollection<Person> groupOfPeople = new ObservableCollection<Person>();

groupOfPeople.Add(new Person() { Name = "bob" });

groupOfPeople.Add(new Person() { Name = "Joe" });

groupOfPeople.Add(new Person() { Name = "bob" });

var x = from name in ((from _person in groupOfPeople select _person.Name).Distinct()) select new PersonProxy() { NameProxy = name };

this.edit.ItemsSource = x;               

}

Xaml

<ig:XamComboEditor   x:Name="edit"  Width="200" Height="30" DisplayMemberPath="NameProxy"></ig:XamComboEditor>

So what this code is doing is making a list of the proxy objects and populating from the data gathered from the real list.  then we bind the list to combo editor control.

Children
No Data