Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebAsyncRefreshPanel validation fails for button click event
posted

Hi,

I am using custom validator to display error message for the user.

In WebAsyncRefreshPanel i have one text box and submit button . I am validating whether

the user entered some text in the text box or not. This validation i am doing in javascript.

But the problem is eventhough user did not entered anything , then the custom validator

displays erro messages but after that

post back occurs and button click event fires in the code behind page.

Please help me how to fix this error?

Regards,

Naresh

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    posted
    Hello Naresh,
    Thank you for posting on Infragistics forum.
    “WebAsyncRefreshPanel” control was created to support AJAX-like functionality for our classic controls that does not have this functionality - http://help.infragistics.com/Help/Doc/ASPNET/2010.3/CLR4.0/html/WebAsyncRefreshPanel_About_WebAsyncRefreshPanel.html
    Our new Aikido controls have their own AJAX functionality or can be used with Microsoft’s “UpdatePanel” control.
    About your question – using button in WARP or “UpdatePanel” will cause a Postaback (partial) and will fire the button click event if this event is handled on the Server. This is expected behavior.
    You can test your example with “UpdatePanel” control instead of WARP and see what the results will be.
    Let me know what the results are when you test this.
Children
No Data