Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Confirm Deletion via WebNavBar
posted

I have an UltraWebGrid with data in it, a WebNavBar displaying the add and delete buttons, and they are tied togeather by the GridID.

I want to add a client side confirmation message before the delete event executes.  The add and delete events work fine. Whatever I seem to do, the page still posts back and the row delete event fires, even when the user declines the confirmation.

The actual deletion is handled by a server side delete row event:

this.uwgWorkflowDetails.DeleteRow +=new DeleteRowEventHandler(uwgWorkflowDetails_DeleteRow);

private void uwgWorkflowDetails_DeleteRow(object sender, RowEventArgs e)
{
   decimal strId = Convert.ToDecimal(e.Row.Cells.FromKey(SfaWorkflowDTLDisplaySetDCFields.PrimaryKeyFieldName).Value);

[call to database deletion method]

}

I have set up a clent side event:

wnbWorkflowDetails.ClientSideEvents.BeforeDeleteRow = "BeforeRowDeleted";  (where wbnWorkflowDetails is the web nav bar)

And registered the script block in the page:

function BeforeRowDeleted(oNavBar, oButton, oEvent)
{
if(confirm('ÀÀréé yóóüü sure you wíísh to delete?'))
{
oEvent.needPostBack = true;
return false;
}
else
{
oEvent.needPostBack = false;
return true;
}
}

The client side event fires, and the confirmation box is displayed, but with either response the row is deleted.