Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
IsGroupByRows property on RowsCollection
posted

When I try to get the value for the IsGroupByRows property of the RowsCollection I am getting "Invalid Property name: Property IsGroupByRows not found.."

Here's what I'm using:
Dim IsGroupBy As Boolean = myUltraGrid.GetNAProperty("Rows.IsGroupByRows")

According to the API in the online documentation IsGroupByRows is a public property for the RowsCollection.

However... I am resigned to using the online help for 2007 VOl3 (CLR 2.) because 2007 Vol1 (which is the NetAdvantage version we're using) is not listed under availble online documentation.

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

IsGroupByRows property off the rows collection was an internal property in 7.1 that is why GetNAProperty cannot find it. The property was made public starting in 7.3.

There is a workaround to check if a row is a group by row. There is a "IsGroupByRow" property on the Row object, so you can do something like this to check if a row is a groupBy row:

MsgBox(UltraGrid1Table().GetNAProperty("Rows[0].IsGroupByRow"))

If you want the 7.1 copy of the API for NetAdvantage you ask your developer to send you a copy of the CHM file for NetAdvantage help.

I hope this was helpful

Regards,

Ammar