Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Error while seleting item from Wpf Combobox in QTP
posted

Hi,

I am getting error while selecting item from wpf combobox. We are using xamcombobox in our application. But when i am writing code like wpfwindow(a).wpfcombobox(b).select "a", is it showing error like object does not have this property.

When i have tried to used exist property it returned true.

Please give any solution to this problem.

Thanks,

Tushar

Offline posted

Hello Tushar,

That syntax doesn't look right if trying to write code against our XamComboEditor.  A select action should look like this:

WpfWindow("mainwindow").XamComboEditor("combo").SelectItem "a"

Our documentation here shows this: https://www.infragistics.com/help/wpf-ta/xamcomboeditor-recordable-methods

If the Infragistics TestAutomation for WPF AddOn is installed and enabled when QTP starts up then the Infragistics comboeditor control should be identified as XamComboEditor.  If QTP is identifying it as a WpfComboBox then one of 2 things is occurring.  1.) the TestAutomation AddOn is not enabled.  When QTP starts up, the add on manager should show you what add ons are enabled / disabled.  The Infragistics TestAutomation add on needs to be checked before continuing. 2.) The combobox in the application is not a XamComboEditor control but instead a normal Microsoft combobox.  If this is the case then the TestAutomation addon is not going to be useful there since it only works with Infragistics controls.