Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to draw or design Infragistics WebDropDown control or any Infragistics web controls at runtime?
posted

Hello,

In my web page I want to design WebDropDown but at runtime. Now what I am doing is I am creating a variable string like "<ig:WebDropDown ID="WebDropDown1" runat="server" Width="200px"></ig:WebDropDown>" and submited it to specific <div>'s innerHTML but in the browser it is not showing me any control, instead it is showing me blank space!

I am looking forward for your fast response.

Thanks,

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi Smitesh,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

If I understand correctly, you are trying to insert an ASP.NET control into a specific page element's innterHTML during runtime, on the client side? 
    Unfortunately, that cannot happen, as the ASP element is not standard HTML and cannot be recognized by the browser.

What you could do is tell the server side to render certain controls depending on certain conditions (depending on the user's input, for instance):
    ASP.NET page lifecycle

Dynamic Server Controls and View State
    Dynamically rendering server controls

Another approach you can take is to check out the IgniteUI library, which is specifically designed to target the client side of a site. An example control that could work for your case is the Combo Box.

Feel free to reply here if you're still experiencing issues or have any additional questions,

Regards,

Viktor

Children
No Data