Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Urgent: WebSplitter with GridViews issue
posted

hello,

i'm using the websplitter in my masterpages, to seperate the page content from the left navigation lists. the content containts an update progress, update panel, with grid views. now the problem is with the grid views, they don't function normally at all! any command within the grid view stopped functioning, sometimes it tries to function which shows the unresponsive script dialog

Stop running this script?

A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly.

If it continues to run, your computer may become

unresponsive.

paging on the grid is working fine though!

any suggestions?

-- i tried removing the update progress, to check if its the cause of the problem, but that didnt help, i also tried removing the update panels but that didn't help either.. so i'm sure the splitter is the problem..

Parents
    posted

Hello,

I have tried to reproduce this problem in a number of local test scenarios, unfortunately without much success. The error you are getting is an IE specific error, caused by slow/cyclic javascript/DOM manipulations by controls on page and could indeed be related to WebSplitter, but most probably a lot of factors play role in this, for example your GridViews size, other 3rd part control on page, etc.

I believe the fastest way to proceed in this situation is to contact our dedicated Developer Support department directly, if possible, with a small subset of your project reproducing the issue (if we have a repro, it will be much easier to figure out what is going on). Developer Support can be reached at: 

http://www.infragistics.com/gethelp/default.aspx

Reply Children
No Data